Tuesday, July 13, 2010

And in the middle of the week.....



comes wednesday...... and that's great...... am reading a book by Marina Endicott, "Good to a Fault" and love it, it's about this middle aged woman, who takes in a family after they have a bit of a fender bender, and it is dicovered that the mother has cancer.... 3 kids and a grandmother from hell........ it sounds like a true story , but is fiction..... great read... it really makes you think, would I do that... could I do that......?? It would be lovely to think of oneself as someone who both would and could, and yet, for me it would be a long long stretch...... sometimes the great selfishness of no kids and being an artist... yes, I think being an artist means that you have to be quite selfish, or you get swept away by other people, means I live a very very indulged life..... and don't even appreciate it at times.... although that is human.... so, if you are reading this... stop, take a long breath and think yes, I LOVE my life........ I love my life, that's for sure.....:o)

2 comments:

  1. Mariann - I don't think I could do it (take in another family). I mean, of course I COULD, but it would be so hard. I think creative people are selfish (me included) and you need to have that to create things. I love my family, but I have to hide from them, too - lol!! You have a fabulous rest of your week. xox! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam,
    I know I could not do that..... I would hate them after 5 minutes.. but is does open p some thought to what you can do for people in your surrounding without necessarily taking it that far..... I..am going to be kinder..... my blooming impatience gets the better of me!

    ReplyDelete