Wednesday, May 9, 2012

is there any Printmaking going on in Spain ?


canvas bag printed with lino shapes
printing bags for Puertas Abiertas, Open Studio Weekend  
Is there any printmaking going on at Cascada Studio?? Oh yes, plenty, actually so busy, there is no time for blogging..... Facebook is my life right now, publicising (how do you spell that!!) the Open Studio Weekend here in Mijas / Spain on the 26 and 27th of May, I have printed a whole gang of canvas bags, with linocut shapes, happy and colorful, and oh, so fun to do! This is a great way to recycle old lino plates, are there any shapes you can cut out? and then print as cards or on t-shirts, bags, aprons etc, as it is great for a studio to have some "stuff" that is more "practical" if you want.... not just to hang on the wall..... and for an Open Studio event like this, I like to have some really affordable arty things too, makes it more fun for everybody! Oilbased printing inks, tend to after ironing, be very very washproof, as long as you don't go too hard at it! In my experience, the t-shirt goes before the inks do.... making it nice and easy, as no special paints etc are required! you have any ideas like this to share, I'd love to hear about them!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great Mariann! If you still have any left in October, I'll have my pocket money!

    Any mileage in tea-towels, do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bags 7 I love those Easter aquatints a few pages back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my point of view You sure did put a new twist on something that Ive heard so much about. And How did you manage to make a blog that as smart as it is sleek?

    ReplyDelete