Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Patience and Printmaking

lino for "Puertas Abiertas in May"



Why someone who barely, and I really mean barely, as in "this is the reason I always wear t-shirts",
has the patience for replacing a shirt button, would take on stitching silver thread around 21 words on a huge lino, is beyond me, and yet, that's what I did....
I think the stitching took longer than the cutting...... words like buttocks, next time I'll use "ass", what's wrong with that, short and sweet, that's for sure! My fingers are numb, and I am glad it's done. I am sure you know that feeling, a project you have been working on for a long time, comes to an end and it feels right, you are ready to move on and let it do whatever it is supposed to do. I have to solve the framing, but plenty of time for that...... Puertas Abiertas in Mijas, that is, the Open Studio weekend a group of artists have here, is this year the 26th and 27th of May, and I am really looking forward to participating for the first time! I am trying to come up with good ideas for making, free, publicity, for the event, so any ideas are appreciated?
Off for a slump in the armchair and an episode of "The Killing", Danish crime series, seriously addictive.... I want to know who did it!!!! :o)

4 comments:

  1. My fingers would protest mightily these days!
    Too bad I'll miss Puertas Abiertas, but I am looking forward to meeting you.
    Also, don't forget Printmakers'Day in May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really lovely. Did you stitch onto the paper print? Sounds rather fabulous... Looking forward to seeing a "whole print" photo at some point (in May perhaps?). Good luck with the framing issues.
    If I come up with any publicity ideas, I'll shout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible!! Wow!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete