Monday, July 27, 2009

"Forbidden Fruit" reduction linocut


"Forbidden Fruit" reduction linocut
Originally uploaded by Mariann Johansen Ellis

got myself in a right mess with this one.... went to STPI ( Singapore Tyler Print Institute ) on Saturday for their Open Studio... and brought a project that was just a tad too ambitious...haha... as in, what, one Saturday lasts a week? So had to "dump" half of the project... and then I further managed to start my reduction of the apples, on the wrong side of the blue background..... I did not cut the background..... and blah blah.... well, if that does not teach me, that if I want a fun day out... make Christmas cards for bones sake...... as in I can't chat and work at the same time!!! So used to "holing" up in my studio, all on my own, no distraction..... quite the little hermit!
Anyway.... the actual cutting is nice though... so I am going to go through with it..... hmmmmm

2 comments:

  1. The print is gorgeous Mariann! Love the greens you got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariann - should I tell you about the times I have gone to book signings, and tried to talk to the person at the same time I am signing the book and screwed up my signature? Nah, I won't tell you that. :) The print is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete