Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Calle de las Poetas


Calle de las Poetas
Originally uploaded by Mariann Johansen Ellis

A line etching inked a la poupee and then overlaid with a drypoint also inked a la poupee.
What is a la poupee?
oh well...aren't you in for a surprise... now you can see a movie on Youtube about that... go to www.artcanbefun.com and click on printmaking movies....the movie is in 4 parts and you'll know more than you probably ever wanted to know about inking after you are done!!!
Happy Watching!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am sure I commented on this on Flickr, but will do so again here. Am so in love with your work ... the detail and style are endearing. The colors are always spot-on. This is such a sweet, nostalgic piece, but way short of being "cute" or too sweet. You seem to know exactly how to keep on the good side of that line. One day, Mariann, one day I will be able to stand and watch over your shoulder IRL. ;-) (And thanks for the comment on my little tree. My first stippling. And I'm definitely seeing it has some merit.)

    ReplyDelete